Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include, for example, the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the User’s device, web browser and browsing behavior while on our Site, location being reported by the User’s device, operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, place an order, fill out a form, subscribe to the newsletter and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or credit card information. We will collect such personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, or visit our Site anonymously, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Our Site may use “cookies” or similar technologies to enhance the User experience, as well as to analyze trends, administer the Site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Additionally, we use third-party advertising companies, such as Google, to serve or track ads on our web site and other websites. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information about your visits to this and other websites in order to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. Below are the two general types of technologies that we currently or intended in the future to use:
Cookies. We may use browser cookies, local Storage, or other similar technologies from time to time on the Site. A “browser” or “HTTP” cookie is a unique text file that may be used for data analysis, and enables a web site to tailor information presented to a user based on a user’s browsing program. Cookies also allow us certain aspects of our Site to properly function.
Pixels and Web Beacons. We use pixels, or transparent GIF files, as well as web beacons, which are strings of code, to help manage online advertising. Pixels and Web Beacons help us understand which advertisements brought users to our Site. Pixels, like cookies (which are discussed below) are placed on a user’s computer. Web beacons, however, are not placed on a user’s computer.
Why We Collect Information
- To personalize User experience – We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site – We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To process transactions – We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order to provide service to that order. This includes, but is not limited, to, the processing, or assigning the rights to, the transaction, and shipping of products. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails – The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or the User may contact us via our Site.
- Legal obligation – In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
- To share your information with third parties – We may share information with third party sites and services, including social media companies, to enforce our legal and contractual rights, to protect the rights, property or safety of Spearmint, or others, including exchanging information for fraud protection, and/or for direct and digital marketing including, without limitation to, email, direct mail, phone, texting, couponing, commercials, and other forms of electronic, audiovisual, and online marketing.
Personal data that we collect and/or process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes, or as is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Where we process personal data about you in conjunction with the supply of our products, we retain that personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfill the transactions our clients have requested, or for other purposes such as complying with our legal or regulatory requirements, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include whether your personal data is still needed to provide, maintain or improve the performance of our products and services, you requested that your personal data be deleted, we have determined a specific retention period for certain types of data, you have provided your consent (where applicable), and have not withdrawn your consent.
Further, if you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our products or services. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
We reserve the right to use or disclose your personal information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We will do our commercially reasonable best to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice on or through the Site in the event of a security breach. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
At any time, you may:
- Deactivate your account
- Update and correct your personal information
- Stop receiving marketing materials including by email, direct mail, or phone
To do any of the above, please contact us by:
- Submit your request and provide your contact information through one of the methods listed below under “Contacting Us”
- Follow the directions in a marketing email, direct mail, or mobile communication that you receive from us
Social Media Features
Compliance With Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. Visitors under 13 years of age are not permitted to use and/or submit their personal information on the Website. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not submit any information to us. In the event that we learn that a person under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such personal information.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personally identifiable and non-personal information collected via the Site.
- At the following address: Tiny Knot Co., LLC, Attn: Website Management, 84 Oak St, Centereach, NY 11720; or
- via the link on our Site at https://tinyknotco.com/contact-us/; or
- via email at [email protected]
Last Revised: November 29, 2021